Working Girl: Day One
My first day ended up being a rather typical first day with one distinct twist (to be discussed later). I went into the office at 10am, filled out all of my paper work and had my ID and social security card xeroxed before heading up 10 floors to start my project. Luckily one of my friends from law school is also on my project so he and I sat together.
As we were sitting and catching up while waiting for everyone else to filter in, I noticed a guy setting up the speakers for the teleconference training. He looked familiar so I assumed he went to A&M and went about my business. The guy ended up being our project lead and mentioned later that we could wear jeans on Fridays (Yes!) and could even wear a college shirt especially if it was a UT shirt.... Huh, I thought, guess I don't know him from A&M. Oh well.
Later I introduced myself to the girl sitting across from me and she asked me if I knew who "he" was?! No, I replied, but he does look familiar. She informed me that he was Jeremy from the Bachelorette and then it clicked... he sure was. My project lead was on TV. Kinda weird, but makes for interesting conversation and blog material.
I didn't watch the show so I know very little about him, but I have several friends who did and they were quite happy to hear my news. Since the Bachelorette aired while I was studying for the bar, I vaguely remember my friends asking me if I had my bar outlines all over my wall like he did. I did not. Maybe I should have... Could have given us something to talk about over documet review. Ha! Yeah right.
Otherwise my day was uneventful. The project is going to be a little tedious but manageable. I am so happy to be working that I can handle a little boredom here and there if it brings a pay check, though I hope to get a more permanent job sooner or later.






7 comments:
Hooray for jobs!
Hooray for paychecks!
Hooray for semi-famous project leads!!
I watched the bachelorette this summer, and i remember jeremy and i remember his apartment with bar study materials all over the wall. How funny! Hope it goes well.
See you this weekend at Mel's shower!
Congratulations on your new job, Jen! See you tomorrow.
David
Thats so funny! When I got a hair cut before starting work, the hairdresser was asking me if I knew Jeremy since he was a dallas lawyer and told me to keep an eye out for him (I think so that I could pass him her number). I'll have to tell her your story on my next haircut!
Email me if you want to get lunch next week!
Dude! I totally know where you're working! My friend Julia works there. You'll have to meet her!
yep, I remember him. I thought he was a better pick than the guy that won.
yay for your new job!!
I love this story!! Yea for paychecks.
Post a Comment