Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Trilogy: There's No Place Like Home

This year I went to Watermark's Christmas Eve service for the first time. The sermon was great and involved card board signs being turned over from people's sin nature to their life and victory through Christ. It was quite powerful!

Christmas with my family is three fold: my immediate family, my dad's side of the family and my mom's side of the family. This year we started with the immediate family and went from there. On Christmas Eve my brother flew in from Houston and my sister and brother-in-law came from Rowlett for a Mexican feast. This is new for my family but I hope it become a tradition, because it was quite yummy. We chatted and laughed over taco soup and tamales before opening presents.


This year my brother and I upped the stakes quite a bit because it was our first Christmas with jobs. We bought my dad a Garmin (which we used on Christmas day... post to come next) and my mom a box for her silver. The highlight for me was opening a Wii (followed very closely by a gift certificate for a massage from my sister, ummm yeah)! Thanks again mom and dad! I was so stinking excited. Feel free to come over and play with me!!!

After presents we headed to bed so Santa would come.

No comments: