Monday, December 01, 2008

Beautiful Brainiac

Elaine posted today about blog stalking and I have to admit, now that I am out of law school I stalk a lot more than I used to. While in school, I only read up on my good friends and even then I had to pray that I would have a few seconds to catch up with their lives every once in a while... But with my discovery of google reader (seriously Elaine, I don't know how I ever lived without it, haha!) and with an abundance of free time, I have begun to blog stalk.

One such stalkee is the inspiration for this post. I recently discovered Modern Eve through my friend Lauren and am participating in an ornament swap (more on that later) that she is hosting. Apparently she goes to Watermark too... small world. I find her blog to be adorable and informative. She is posting gift guides for different types of women; domestic diva, preppy princess, modern momma... you get the idea.

Well today was my day! Woohoo! Below is her post for the beautiful brainiac. Can you figure out which gift I want so badly I almost bought it for myself today?! I challenge both my friends and my faithful blog stalkers to take a guess!

1) capri glasses case, brown leaf from hayden-harnett; 2) natural history alphabet juice glasses and plates from royaume by atelier daguerre; 3) gumdrop calculator from see jane work; 4) smart people's reading, set of 8 from sundance catalog; 5) easybloom plant sensor available online; 6) apple jacket from the curiosity shoppe; 7) periodic table of sentiments card set from pink loves brown; 8) swan marquise globe from the globe store; 9) library lending book kit from paper source; 10) thinkmap virtual thesaurus available online; 11) iq test gift box from urban junkie; 12) polaroid pogo instant portable printer from urban outfitters; 13) pop quiz clock from ochelly

7 comments:

Tiffany Dyer said...

Hmm... my guess is the glasses case. It was between that one or the books. ??

Sarah said...

I guess the glasses case. I would take the calculator for myself and display it proudly on my dorky accountant desk! :)

Melissa said...

Books. It has to be that for my Lawyer friend. Nothing else will do.

Unknown said...

Well, let me see. It could be the glasses case or the books. You do love to read books, but I think you can choose your own. I go with the glasses case.

Kristie said...

I'm going with the library lending book kit or the pop quiz clock.

Do I win?

(P.S. I like that I'm posting my comment while you're sitting in my living room!)

Laura said...

i'm gonna go with either 7 or 11. i would've said the glasses case but everyone else is voting for that and you already said it's not it. am i right?!?!

Jen Lewis said...

For those of you curious which gift I almost purchased on sight, it was the books. I only have one of them and I am always about increasing my library!

I REALLY want the glasses case as well but I did not almost buy it myself. Hopefully my parents will for a stocking stuffer... HINT HINT!