Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The Rest of my Life

Last week I shared a post with you from Sydney's blog (on of my girls at Watermark).  She has started a second blog of poetry and I wanted to share her first poem as I find it to be very deep for a 11 year old (yet again).  I promise not to post everything she writes, but I couldn't resist this one...  


The wind blows
I hear it whistle in my ear
I then ask myself
Sydney, what are you going to do with the rest of your life?
Sometimes I daydream about becoming famous and signing autographs
Yet sometimes I daydream about going to college in Europe and raising a family there
My future is unknown
But it's up to me to decide it
The one thing I do know is that whatever I do I want to serve God and put others before myself
I am sure about that
By: Sydney Martin

No comments: