Saturday, April 26, 2008

Proud of Mis Padres

I want to take a second to brag on my parents. They have both been dieting for the last few months and are doing so so well. Each of them has lost over 25 pounds (28 and 29 to be exact) and I could not be more proud of them! My mom just bought a new outfit for my brother's graduation that is the same size she wore before she had kids (like 25 years ago....)! Also, my daddy is fighting off diabetes with his diet! His blood sugar is under control and much lower as a result of his weight loss and he is no longer at threat of having to take insulin (for the time being and hopefully forever). I am thrilled and proud that my parents are getting healthy because I kinda hope to keep them around for a while. I love you both! Feel free to congratulate my parents along with me! They read my blog DAILY and I am sure they would like the encouragement and the shout out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the wonderful encouragement. Dad and I want to stick around for a long time too.

Love Ya!!!

Jen said...

Way to go! My parents have done the same thing... Mom is down to 113 pounds (that should not be allowed) and dad is down to a size 32. Amazing! I've got the whole fam on Weight Watchers :)

Melissa said...

Wahoo for the Lewis'! That is such a HUGE accomplishment! Keep it up!