Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Got to love a floppy hat

I picked up my graduation regalia today and as I was trying it on, thinking about how ridiculous I look in the floppy hat, it hit me... I am graduating from law school in two weeks! I have yet to fully rap my head around it (seeing as I have been in school for the last 21 years, I can't quite imagine life without studying) but I am getting there. The real world is feeling much less surreal which means it's about time I figure out what I want to do with my life. Haha! But honestly, and this might sound a little pompous, I am actually proud of my accomplishment! There were a few times I was afraid I wasn't going to make it. You all know law school was not easy for me and my social life and self-esteem took a few hits along the way, but I am going to make it and, even more shockingly, I am glad I did it.


As I reflect over law school, I see the Lord's faithfulness! I am overwhelmed with gratitude that He brought me through the fire and strengthened my faith through law school. I always wanted to come to law school for so many reasons but in large part I think I needing to prove to myself that I could conquer it. Throughout law school I have wondered if I was actually following the Lord in my education or if I was on a crusade of my own. Well, in knowing that He is stronger in me than He was before law school, I have no doubts He called me to law school. I know who I am (and I like who I am). I know some of that comes with age, but for me, law school helped the process. I finally accept the fact that I am intelligent (for those of you that know me well, this is quite possibly the biggest victory of my life) and more importantly I freely give my intelligence and all of my other gifts to Him that He may use them and me for His glory. I am praying that the Lord shows me where and how I can best serve Him after I graduate, and I would love it if you would join me in that prayer.

I fear my biggest battles may still be ahead of me, but I am encouraged by His love and grace towards me thus far. Praise Jesus I am graduating and ready for what lies ahead, whatever it may be! Okay, back to studying so I can pass my classes and then GRADUATE! Woohoo!

2 comments:

David said...

Yay for starting the next start of life!!! It's so exciting!

Unknown said...

Yay for graduating! So exciting... sometimes I never thought this day would never come (just b/c I missed you so much!). We are all so proud of you, Jen.

I am so joyful in seeing how the Lord has molded you throughout your time in Houston. It is a huge testament of your love for Christ that you have used law school as a platform to be a light for Him and bring glory to His name! I eagerly look forward to see what the Lord has in store for you next. I am blessed to have you as a best friend and even more so a sister in Christ. Love you!