Saturday, September 01, 2012

30 by 30/8 of 30/Attain a positive net worth

Well this is a little bit awkward… Though attaining a positive net worth was one of my biggest goals before I reach the ripe old age of 30, I didn’t think much about the fact that I was blogging each of my tasks when I cross it off my list.  I am private about money and I don’t really like telling blogville about my finances, but I will say that as of today, if I sold everything I own (and I assume that my IRA would not be penalized for early withdrawal), I would have more money than debt!  Yea!

Paying off my student loans has been an uphill battle since I graduated from law school.  I have strived diligently to be a good steward of my assets and it feels good to be getting closer to the finish line.  I am still a few years away from being debt free (longer if I ever buy a house) but as of today, when I look at my net worth, I am in the black.  It is a REALLY small number, but it is a POSITIVE number. 

Woohoo!  

No comments: