Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Rock & Worship Roadshow

On Friday night my co-leader Melissa and I took our girls to the Rock & Worship Roadshow at American Airlines Center. We had 4 girls riding with us and 1 meeting us there, which meant we got to pimp out my dad's Expedition. I have never felt more like a soccer mom.


Once we got to AA Center it was insane. The lines were out the door of every door. We got there about 10 minutes before the concert began and apparently we were cutting it close because they eventually began turning people away. The stadium held 18,000 people and the concert sold out.

Trying to get and save seats for 5 girls and 2 leaders was quite intense with restroom breaks and food runs. At one point I was saving 4 seats while Melissa and three of our girls were getting food. Two ladies tried to sit in the seats and I told them they were saved. One of the ladies looked at me quite rudely and said "I don't care. You can't save seats. This is sold out. Your friends should be sitting down. We are taking their seats." I only managed to stay calm because 2 of my girls were watching me. I politely mentioned that the girls were in the stadium and had just gone to get food. I also mentioned that my co-leader and I had five 6th grade girls from our small group and were really hoping to watch the concert together. Somehow this worked and she rolled her eyes and said, "Fine. Take your seats. But ONLY because it is your church group." Then she stormed off. I was in shock. I couldn't really enjoy myself again until my co-leader and our girls were safely back in their seats.

After the brief drama the concert went off without a hitch. The girls had a blast and I really enjoyed my time with them. We saw Tenth Avenue North, Hawk Nelson, Jeremy Camp and Mercy Me. I was surprised at how well they all performed live but I guess they tour the country regularly. It was definitely worth $10. Check it out at http://www.therockandworshiproadshow.com/. I would go again. Though hopefully next year there won't be any seat drama.

2 comments:

Kacie said...

super fun! despite the pushy seat-stealer, it sounds like a great activity for you and your girls

Unknown said...

Sounds so fun! That sounds like a great concert. Looks like you have some sweet girls! By the way, Houston misses you!