26 Things in my 26th Year
Last year I blogged about 25 things I did before my 25th birthday. I liked making the list because it was a rare moment of introspection for me. This year, I am keeping with the list but only noting things I have accomplished this year. It is mostly for posterity sakes so read on if you are interested but if not, you have my express permission to stop reading now.
1. Graduated from law school
2. Moved back to Dallas
3. Painted my room orange (Daring... I know)
4. Donated my hair to Locks of Love
5. Endured a summer of studying at Eddie Dean Ranch
6. Took the Texas Bar Exam
7. Visited Tiffany and David for 16 glorious days in Hawaii
8. Climbed the Stairway to Heaven/Haiku Stairs
9. Rambo-ed through the underbrush avoiding the police after said Haiku Stairs
10. Learned to surf
11. Night snorkeled in a cove (thrilling to the point of terror)
12. Learned to kayak (after losing a contact lens... who needs depth perception)
13. Ventured into a Kmart (I didn't know they still existed)
14. Joined Watermark
15. Agreed to lead a group of 6th grade girls for the next seven years
16. Visited Amber in Nashvegas
17. Learned to canoe and discovered that low water is no bueno ("Just around the river bend")
18. Joined an amazing community group of authentic woman that truly challenge and love me well
19. Waited and waited and waited for my bar results (I distinctly remember learning something about patience being a virtue)
20. Passed the Texas Bar Exam!
21. Road trip to Austin with the rents to get sworn in (I'm official now)
22. Got my first full time job (working is overrated)
23. Worked for a minor celebrity (provided great Christmas party conversation)
24. Gave my first maid-of-honor toast at a reception which was surprisingly nerve-racking
25. Got a part time job I actually enjoy (working is still overrated but manageable)
26. Got duel monitors at said part time job (I have arrived)






7 comments:
Happy Birthday!!!
What an exciting year! Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday! I wish that I were there to celebrate with you.
Happy Happy Birthday friend!!!
What a great year!!! I LOVE the recap, you packed a lot in! And love the flash back picture - darling little Jenn! Happy Birthday I had fun celebrating with you!
Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I feel very loved!
I should have clarified. That is a picture of Jessica. It was my birthday card this year from my cousin. I thought it was so cute so I added it. I should find an old picture of me though. Perhaps next year. :)
What a HUGE year! I'm so glad to have been a part of it! Here's to the 27th!
Post a Comment