Tuesday, October 16, 2007

SOS, Taco Bueno and Jacob

I went to the Woodlands this weekend for the Song of Solomon Conference. It was wonderful! I really enjoy Matt Chandler as my faithful readers and friends know and this weekend proved to be no exception. I think the thing that impacted me most was during the conflict section. Matt talked about when we argue with our spouse we can get into a bad habit of mentally comparing our strengths to their weaknesses... So that they fall short every time... It hit me pretty hard because I know I can do that in friendships and in relationships... I don't think any of us do it intentionally but it is basically being prideful. So know that I am making a mental note not to do that anymore... (Easier said than done. :) Hopefully I can remember it the next time I need to apply it!!!

In other news... There is a TACO BUENO in the Woodlands. It is my favorite fast food restaurant in Dallas and I have never seen one in Houston... Until this weekend... You better believe I am getting Taco Bueno every time I go and see the babies from now on!!

Speaking of the babies... I went to see Jacob and Jessica after the conference. I was only there for a few hours and Jacki was asleep the whole time (she works Friday and Saturday night and so she sleeps during the day while John watches the kids) but I had a wonderful time with John and the kids. Jacob is a chunk! I wish I had taken a picture... He has been drinking WAY to much formula... Turns out he has acid reflux, which has caused him to be quite irritable for the first two months of his life. It also makes him drink more than he should because drinking appeases his reflux... So he has been drinking when he is not hungry in order to ease the pain. The good news is the doctors figured out the problem and gave him medicine for it.

He was a completely different boy this weekend! He was all smiles and did not cry nearly as often as he had every time before. So you will all be happy to know I am starting to fall for him too! :) Oh, and he shouldn't be a chunk for much longer... He went from drinking almost 50 ounces of formula a day to 25 ounces, which is where he should be for his age.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I almost screamed when I saw Taco Bueno! No one else was excited!

Jen Lewis said...

Haha... you should have seen me. I was with Mel and David and Mel is the one who saw it... She told me and I just got really quiet for a few seconds and then all hell broke loose. I called my parents to tell them. Their reply... "Well, I guess you are not coming back to Dallas afterall... I mean if you have a Taco Bueno..." Haha!

Eff said...

I saw Matt Chandler's series on the Song of Solomon years ago at the village church. He's good!