Monday, September 12, 2011

Cooking 2011/6 of 12/Lasagna

Not only did a rekindle my love for Central Market this week, I also made food!  Specifically my very first lasagna.  I used Sarah’s mom’s recipe and it was really easy!  She didn’t have it written down so I just bought the ingredients she told me to.

I used lasagna noodles, ground beef, a can of tomato sauce (small can), a jar of pasta sauce (garlic marinara), a container of cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.

I am not a huge fan of ricotta cheese so I was excited to try the cottage cheese as a substitute.

The other interesting thing is Sarah doesn’t cook the noodles before putting them in the baking dish.  I had never heard of such a thing. The trick is to compile the lasagna and let it sit in the fridge overnight before putting it in the oven.  The overnight stint is supposed to soften the noodles.  I was quite skeptical but it actually worked! I had some for lunch today and the noodles were cooked through.  It was genius!  And quite yummy.  I will be making it again!

shot_1315829628270shot_1315829621424

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have never heard of preparing it and letting it sick for a night in the fridge. Ill have to give it a try, I love lasagna!

Dont forget to enter my $100 Nordstrom gift card +Nars polish Giveaway!