State Fair of Texas
I am a little late in posting about my fair festivities but better late than never! A few weeks ago, I went to the State Fair of Texas for the first time in 10 years. I hyperventilated a little when I realized how quickly time flies but then I though about all I had done in the past 10 years and managed to breath normally again. My parents and I headed to the fair grounds the day of the Texas/OU game. I know... I know... we are crazy. But my dad had a work deadline on October 15th so my parents could only go during the last weekend, which happened to be Texas/OU weekend. I have never been to the fair with my parents so I decided to brave the crowds and join them.
It was ridiculously crowded before the game started but it died down a lot during the game and we managed to have a great time! We went to the car show, the Texas food pavilion, a few other random pavilions, and the Natural Science Museum. We ate Fletcher's corn dogs (my first ever), fried green tomatoes, frozen bananas, and salt water taffy. We rode the DART and left during the 4th quarter of the football game so we didn't have any problems getting back. It was a great fair experience and I will not go another 10 years before returning. Next year I may be brave enough to try fried butter... but I doubt it.
Thanks mom and dad for taking me to the fair! I loved it!






3 comments:
Next year Jen.... next year! I'm so sad that I missed going with you, but I'm glad you had fun with your parents! I hope you had your frozen banana and thought of me:)
I'm so glad you had fun! And experienced a little tidge of TX/OU fabulousness. :) I'm with you, Big Tex freaks me out, as does the ferris wheel (though I'm afraid of them in general).
...I've still never been. :( Maybe next year's roommate reunion? :)
Post a Comment