Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Floating Frat Party... I mean Floating The River

This weekend I ventured to San Antonio with my very best friends from church. Most of my community group and two of our other youth friends headed down to float the river. I have secretly always wanted to float the river so I was pumped.

Laura, Sarah, and I took Friday off and headed down early to see Wicked. It is one of my favorite musicals, so I could not pass up the opportunity to see it again. I love watching musicals. I have absolutely no musical ability but I do covet appreciate phenomenal talent. Wicked did not disappoint and the Majestic is a breathtaking theater.


On Saturday we woke up and headed to Sarah's parents house for brunch before we floated the river. Thank you so much Mrs. Franks for the fantastic meal.


Laura and Sarah both graciously appeased me and took an "excited" picture. I had to document my anticipation after all.


When we hit the river, I could not wait. I just knew it was going to be amazing. I had heard the river was low, but that was an exaggeration. Surely. Right?


Wrong. The water was painfully low. Well not so low that we had to walk but low enough that we went nowhere without swimming. The trail that normally takes about 2 hours took us 4. Floating was fun but not as enjoyable as I was expecting. Though my company was fantastic and there was so much to watch all around us... It was not exactly what I was hoping for. I got tube burn. I did not know what tube burn was before this weekend... but now I am painfully aware. I should have worn a rash guard. Wouldn't that have been pretty floating down the river.

I have never been to a frat party, but I am pretty sure floating the river pretty closely resembles one. All in all it was fun but be prepared to hear a lot of vulgar language, see a lot of drunk people and swim your heart out if the river is low.

1 comment:

Caryn said...

SO FUN!!! Sorry about the tube burn ouch!!