Wednesday, March 25, 2009

In the blink of an eye.

This weekend I went to Houston for the rodeo and to visit family and friends. On Friday I headed straight to Jacki's and spent the afternoon with her and the kids. It is scary how fast they grow. Jessica turns 3 in May and Jacob will turn 2 soon after that.

When I got to the house on Friday afternoon, Jessica recognized me immediately. She ran up to me as I walked into the door and said "Jen'ni'fer! You are HERE!" Her mom said "yes, I told you she was coming today." To which Jessica replied, "but she is actually HERE!" It made my day to see how excited she was to see me. Jacob ran up beside her and I said "Hi!" He is speaking well these days and said "Hey Jen." He was more weary of me at first but warmed to me in about 20 seconds when he saw how happy Jessica was to see me.

I had a great time playing with them and eating dinner.


At one point Jessica was sitting in my lap and started playing with my watch. She looked at my wrist and asked "What's this?". I said it is my watch and she said "No... this". I looked and she was looking at the medical alert bracelet I wear with my watch. I told her it was my bracelet and she said "oh..." and looked down sad. I asked her what was the matter and she said she didn't have her watch or bracelet on. I told her that was okay but she would not cheer up. About a minute later Jacki told me where her watch and bracelet were and said I could go and get them for Jessica if I wanted. Jessica looked thrilled so we went and got them. She put her watch and bracelet on the same hand as mine and started beaming.

I couldn't resist getting a picture. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.


No comments: