It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas?!?!?

I went to Starbucks this morning and a flood of emotions overcame me. I was overjoyed to see RED cups and yet at the same time a little disgusted because it is barely November and they already have the red cups out! The cup then sent me into a panic because I have not purchased ANY christmas presents.
I love Christmas. It is my favorite holiday. I love that people are more willing to talk about spiritual matters. I love that the birth of my Savior is celebrated. I love the weather. I love being able to wear scarfs and coats and drink hot chocolate. I love that my entire family is together in the same place. I love that people are more giving around the holidays. It all makes me giddy.
But I really hate the way commercialism has dwarfed Christmas. I hate that I thought "oh no... presents" this morning instead of "Praise you Jesus!". My thought process reminded me of somenting I read on The Rose's blog a few weeks ago: Advent Conspiracy. They posted a video and it really got me thining. Hopefully it will get you thinking too. Check it out at the website linked above.






3 comments:
I love that video! So great. I hope you don't mind, I think I'm going to copycat and post it on my blog. :) Sorry mutual friends!
I hate that Starbucks has the red cups out right now!!!!!!! I am not happy about this. It is too early!
I had my first treat in the red cup tonight! I love it. I also love that video, it's the third time I've watched it and it still gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes!
Post a Comment