Thursday, October 23, 2008

T-minus 14 Days

"The Board of Law Examiners expects to release the results of the July 2008 Texas Bar Examination on Friday, November 7, 2008." Yikes! I am very nervous! Actually, if the Bar Examiners stay true to form, I should get my bar results sometime during the afternoon of the 6th. "How do you know if you passed?" you might ask. The answer may in fact be the cruelest trick yet. Potential Texas attorneys find out if we passed by going to a website and looking for our names. My name will either be on the "pass" list or it won't. Talk about brutal. Oh well, I guess it is like ripping a band-aid. If I fail, no reason not to tell you all because you can see it for yourselves.

I went to the Richardson Public Library today to rent a few books and as I got out of my car the horror that was Bar Prep returned quickly to my mind and made me shiver. Nothing like visiting your old study spot to make you remember the hours and hours and hours of studying. I continue to be prayerful and optimistic that I passed the bar, but part of me is horrified that I didn't. I guess we will all know soon enough.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh gosh. I just want it to be Nov. 8th already! The other day we drove to Fort Worth and went right by the Arlington Convention Center where I took the exam...I got that same wave of panic. Yuck!!

The Whinery Family said...

I know you did GREAT!!! :)