Monday, May 12, 2008

How do you like me now?

Pastor Gregg inspired my title with his sermon on Sunday. If you were not at First Baptist this weekend, the title is in reference to a Toby Keith song... Google it and you will probably catch on to my meaning. :)


I am a J.D.! It is official. I am DONE WITH SCHOOL FOREVER! I walked across the stage in my poofy hat and everything! I graduated at 2pm on Friday May 9th. I shared the momentous occasion with my dad, my cousins Jacki, Rachel and K.C., and my wonderful friends Melissa, David, Laura and Jeff. Thank you all for coming (especially since the commencement speaker was SO BORING)! It meant the world to me!


My mother and the rest of my family were in Lubbock watching my brother graduate from Texas Tech with a degree in Industrial Engineering. I know my brother NEVER reads my blog, but he gets a shout out regardless. I am proud of you Buba!!!

After my graduation (and a quick celebratory dinner with a few of my fore-mentioned friends) I headed to the airport with Jacki and my dad. We met up with the rest of the family in Lubbock for the Post Graduation Extravaganza. It was a rather low key weekend but it was good to catch up with my family (especially my cousins and my brother). We all went to dinner on Saturday night to celebrate. In watching my brother over the weekend, I was impressed to see him all grown up. I feel like he has come into his own in the last few years. Tech has been a good experience for him and I am so excited for him to be closer to me! He is moving to Houston in the next month because he accepted a job with Flour. So you Houstonians can rejoice... I have another reason to come back and visit!

Anyway, it was a whirlwind weekend (but a fun weekend) and I am glad to be back in Houston for my last few weeks and to be DONE WITH SCHOOL FOREVER! Sorry to mention it again but I am just so excited! I am a law school graduate!!!! Woohoo!

2 comments:

David said...

Go Jen! Yay!!!

Unknown said...

I just wish I could have been there. Congrats!!! Way to go girl.