Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Trilogy: Day One - Houston

Every year my family has at least three Christmases; one in Houston with my dad's side of the family, one in Dallas with my immediate family and one in Gilmer with my mom's side of the family. Sometimes there are a few more but this year we only had three and the festivities began in Houston.

Jessica was actually able to open presents this year. Last year she could pull the wrapping paper off but didn't seem to care too much. This year, she enjoyed opening presents! She opened hers and Jacob's and had no problem playing with both sets of toys. My brother got Jessica and Jacob Texas Tech shirts. As you can imagine Jacki and John were thrilled! I posted a picture of Jessica with her Tech shirt. I like the picture because she looks unhappy but she didn't really seem to care too much. John would have a mild heart attack if she ends up going to Tech, but the shirt was kinda cute... Even if it was a Tech shirt.

It was great having my brother in town this year. I didn't get to see him last Christmas because he was in Japan but this year he was home and came to Houston. It was a wonderful Christmas and I helped Jacki cook (as I did last year). I really enjoy cooking! I didn't have to make anything too complicated this year but I think I will get promoted eventually. ;) Until then, I make great stuffing, fruit dip and chocolate cake.

No comments: