Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig
I had a wonderful weekend in Dallas! I have to say of all the times to have a tooth pulled, the weekend I went home was a good weekend. I made it to Dallas around dinner time on Friday and was greeted by my Dad's home made chili and a bread bowl. I had not eaten yet on Friday and was ready to test out my mouth's capabilities. I managed to eat with only the right side of my mouth and I drank only water for 24 long hours. You will all be happy to know I followed all the Dr.'s orders and stayed away from alcohol, cigarettes, drinking out of straws, drinking caffeine of any sort, blowing my nose and spitting. (All outlawed activities for the first 24 hours after having a tooth removed.)
After dinner my parents and I watched Transformers... I enjoyed it. Everyone has said "it is better than I expected..." So I was worried that I had gotten my hopes up to high... But I was pleasantly surprised despite my increased expectations. After the movie I took some Advil and headed to bed... The worse part... I did not brush my teeth before going to bed (so gross I almost could not stand it, but it was also part of the Dr.'s orders.)
I woke up at 10:45 on Saturday morning... Which would have been very nice except I was supposed to be at my best friends house (new house that she just moved into, by the way) around 10am... Oops. I managed to shower, dry my hair, and put on make up in 30 minutes flat... I was quite proud of myself. :) I broke my doctor's orders and brushed my teeth on Saturday morning... I stayed away from my injured area but brushed everything else... I did not do any damage and I no longer felt disgusting so I see it as a win-win. :) Anyway, I spent the day with my best friend Erin and part of the day with her husband Jason and another one of my best friends from Dallas, Katie. I really like Erin and Jason's house. It is in McKinney and it is about 50 years old. It has so much character and potential. Great buy in my opinion.
I was still on my liquid diet so I ate potato soup that Erin had made for lunch. It was good soup so I was not complaining. Afterwards we went to the town square and walked around. There are some really cute shops and restaurants in McKinney! For dinner I finally got to eat solid food and started out with some cheese tortellini. It was magnificent... though I think more for the fact that I was eating again than for the actual tortellini. :)
On Sunday I hung out with my parents at the house. We had bisects and gravy for breakfast and STEAK and a BAKED POTATO for lunch. :) Hehe! My mom also made me a batch of Chicken Spaghetti to bring back to Houston so I get to eat that all week!!! I love going home!!!
My mouth appears to be healing nicely. I am brushing like normal now and I will be done with my antibiotics in a few days. I still have not tried to eat on that side of my mouth and probably won't for a few more days. But I think I am progressing quite well. On my drive back to Houston I stopped at Starbucks and got an Iced Green Tea Latte... Which means I am back on caffeine and straws... Neither of which caused me any problems today. Woohoo! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment