Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Under Pressure

In what seems to be my inevitable trend... I have yet again managed to stress myself out about the upcoming semester. I am into my second week of classes and I am already behind and worried about time management.

The Pluses:
  1. I have an amazing job at which I am learning valuable skills that will help me when I am an attorney.
  2. I am mediating actual cases at courts/the BBB/and the DRC (Dispute Resolution Center). I am no longer in theory mode but I actually get to apply skills I have learned in school.
  3. I like all of my classes. Every single one! I find them interesting and I am actually excited about taking them.
  4. I am really excited about leading youth this semester. I have a wonderful group of 9th grade girls that has already opened up and it is only my second week with them!
  5. I have wonderful roommates that spur me on to know Christ more and I live in the most wonderful house!
  6. I have TIVO. It is amazing!!! Not that I have time to watch TV... But pausing live TV is cool...

Room for Improvement:

  1. I am behind in every class. I read for ONE of my classes today and that is all I have read thus far.
  2. My schedule makes me sad because it leaves me little time for a social life during the week and I have plans every weekend until November so that doesn't help much either. I am worried that I will not acurately show my friends how much I love them and confirm that they are a huge priority in my life.
  3. I am not making time in the Word as big of a priority as it HAS to be in order to get me through this semester.
  4. My car is making noises that scare me and I am afraid fixing it may be expensive. I am biting the bullet this week and taking it to a shop... So we will see what the verdict is...
  5. I am in the process of looking for a job when I graduate. I am excited to see where the Lord is going to take me but I am a little freaked out about the whole process to be perfectly honest.

But, I am confident the Lord is going to use this semester, like every other to draw me closer to Himself, so I will walk boldly. Fell free to pray along with me about my "room for improvement" and I will keep you updated. :)

No comments: