30 by 30/14 of 30/Bikram Yoga
So I tried Bikram yoga at some point with my friend Sarah. I honestly cannot remember when. That is one of the hazards of playing "catch up" on your blog (I backdated this post because I am sneaky like that). Anyway, though I cannot remember the precise timing of our adventure, I certainly remember the heat. The room was oppressively hot. Think third circle of Hades.
I am sure that a relatively in shape person would have no problems... However, I am not relatively in shape. Mind you I put up a good front. My metabolism is still alive and kicking (praise the Great Lion of Judah), but I sadly do not work out often. I always have the best intentions but somehow... I do not follow through. As always, it will be one of my resolutions for this year... fingers crossed.
Anyway, back to the point.
So I am out of shape, and the room is hot. And I start sweating...
and sweating... and sweating. I think my eyes were sweating... or maybe
that was me crying. Apparently I can be a baby when I am hot and
attempting to stand on one leg and put my head around and behind said
leg. Anyway, long story short, I tied to suck it up and do the crazy
yoga poses, but I was afraid I was going to pass out at one point. We
are talking tunnel vision and everything. I admitted defeat and left
during the class to drink a gallon of water (slight exaggeration, but
only slight).
Consequently, my thoughts on Bikram yoga are as follows:
- great workout, the heat really is great for getting a good stretch but BE PREPARED for the heat
- I love the peace that comes with all forms of yoga; Bikram is no exception
- I need to get my butt to the gym more regularly before I try Bikram again






No comments:
Post a Comment