Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lake Charles, Louisiana

Last weekend I went to Lake Charles, Louisiana with Stacy and Melissa to visit Melissa’s parents and learn to water ski.  While we were there we played a few intense games of croquet.  Melissa won the first game and Stacy won the second.  I kinda want my own croquet set because:  a) it was really fun and b) I clearly need more practice since I got beat.   
IMG_1545IMG_1546IMG_1547IMG_1551IMG_1553
On Saturday afternoon, we went out on the lake for some water sports.  As I alluded to above, I had never been water skiing before.  I was eager and nervous to learn.  First, I practiced my stance a few times. 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And had a few falls.  Check out the rope in the picture below.  Pretty cool pic Stacy!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
And eventually, I made it out of the water.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I skied! It was so much fun. I can’t wait to go again!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The lake was beautiful.  We stayed out until the sun went down. It was such a great and relaxing weekend.  However, I am still sore from my time on the lake.  Who knew learning to ski was so intense?! 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

2 comments:

Melissa said...

This post makes me smile! So glad you were able to accomplish your goal!

Tiffany Dyer said...

Ha, David and I almost bought a croquet set a few weekends ago! Maybe we should if we'd have someone to play with...