Road Bike (with Training Wheels?)
I rode a road bike for the first time on Tuesday. WEIRD! I am not used to it at all. I am going to need A LOT of practice. I am fine once I am moving but getting going looks pretty funny. I have these straps that I put my feet into. Well I cannot do it quickly and I practically fall over every time I try to get my foot into the strap. Then there is the little issue of having to bend down when I ride. This is not something I am used to and it feels very uncomfortable. I have been told it is a better position and I will get more used it it, but it was unusual to say the least. Hopefully I will get the hang of it quickly. I am supposed to bike 8 miles next week... That should do the trick. :)
As far as how I have a road bike to begin with... On Tuesday, after getting off work at 5, I went to 2 stores to find my bike (the first store was sold out), bought my bike, brought it home (in the back of my civic I might add), aired up the tires, fixed the petal straps (they are trickier than they look), adjusted my helmet to ensure proper fit and was ready to ride at 7:30... I managed to get 2 miles in before it got too dark and I decided to call it a night... But I did sign up for the triathlon online on Wednesday... So I am doing it for sure. Mark your calendars for September 30th. :)






1 comment:
Glad you got your bike dear. Hopefully you will get use to bending over when you ride.
Post a Comment