Tuesday, February 20, 2007

living with me has its perks...

It is official... I am the queen of marrying off roommates.... :)

On Sunday afternoon, at around 3:30 in the afternoon BOTH my roommate now (Laura) and my roommate for the last 3 years (Kim) got engaged. :) Yea!!!!! It is oh so exciting but quite abnormal that they would both get engaged at the exact same time.

This phenomena caused me to be retrospectively introspective (hehe) and it dawned on me that everyone I have ever lived with has gotten married after living with me! (Now, this is not true for ONE girl when I lived with three girls... but the other two that lived in the apartment with us are in fact married/engaged... and the one who lived closest to me (Erin) was the first to go, then the one next closest to me (Kim)... So Tess, I am convinced it is only a matter of time! Haha ;) Anyway, I have officially married off five girls... I feel quite proud of my accomplishment. :) Not only that but in 4 of the 5 cases the girl was not dating the guy when we moved in together but was either dating him or engaged to him by the time we stopped living together. This means not only can I marry you off, you can get the hook up while living with me too! :)

I have told the two girls I am living with next year that I plan to do the same for them! Hopefully I can time it so they get engaged at the same time too, because that would just be cool! If it works, I plan to start a business with my ability! I think I could make some money... "Live with Jen, meet a guy and get married." "J Lew to 'I do'" :)

Note: I do realize that I had absolutely nothing to do with my friends getting engaged and I realize I do not have any supernatural abilities... Just thought it was a weird coincidence and made for a funny post. I am sure there are a ton of girls out there that have similar marrying off ability... We are, in fact, young singles... people just end up getting married.... Nature of the beast. :)

Also, I feel the need to say that I am extremely happy with my life and with all the many blessings the Lord has bestowed upon me! I had three (I kid you not) of my friends read this post before I published it... Mainly because I wanted it to be funny and I wanted to make sure I did not sound bitter or sad, because I am neither. I feel like single girls cannot talk about others getting married without coming off as jealous... Well I am extremely joyous that two of my best friends are getting married and I am content with where the Lord has me. Just so you all know. ;)

No comments: